DPT, CMPT, SMT
Owner and Founder of Advanced PT and Fitness
Many people believe that lower back pain is unimportant and will eventually dissipate. People also tend to attribute the pain to causes such as sleeping awkwardly or simply because “everyone” experiences it at some point.
There’s no obvious reason why it happened – but it doesn’t seem to be changing!
You’re not the only one if you’ve been experiencing this, and we actually hear about this a lot. In reality, lower back pain and sciatica is THE most frequent problem that comes into our clinic! When it comes to living with back pain, everybody wants to know…
“Why Is This Happening To Me?” Or, “Why Am I Still Suffering With Back Pain After Putting Up With It For 3-6 Months? (Sometimes More!)
Most people think that when they get pain in their lower back it will just go away on its own.
Many people believe that back pain is only a phase that will eventually pass. They convince themselves that they’ll wake up one day and, like magic, the uncomfortable symptoms will be gone. But unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. In fact, six months later you may find yourself still living with severe back pain – oftentimes worse than when it first started.
Does That Sound Like You?
We frequently have patients come into our clinic after being told by their doctor to rest and take painkillers, with no other recourse.
Doctors in many cases recommend that you rest for 4 weeks, however this is rarely ever the most beneficial advice and they frequently return to the doctor after 4 weeks because it hasn’t improved. What’s more, they’re frequently given a new prescription for even stronger pills and told to take MORE rest. This is ridiculous, and it’s no wonder so many individuals in the United States have persistent lower back pain.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Have you ever wondered why your back pain sticks around longer than it should? With the barrage of advice from many different sources, it’s easy to get confused about what to do. The truth is, a lot of that advice isn’t credible.
Perhaps you think your back pain was caused by doing something, such as lifting or sleeping poorly. However, it was really due to years and years of poor posture and movement that resulted in the muscles in your lower back becoming weak and prompting you to lift or sleep awkwardly.
If you’re not sure what you’re doing, back pain can be perplexing. Because of this, many people accept it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s natural and ‘just the way things are.’ Why else does back discomfort last longer than it should? It’s simple to get lost because you’ve been told so many different things by a variety of sources. There are lots of individuals out there who would gladly give advice – but much of it isn’t credible.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Back Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help your back, and as soon as they wore off chronic back pain struck again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets back pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your back pain ten times worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your back pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term
We understand how difficult and discouraging it can be when you experience chronic lower back pain, which is why we want to help. Our low back specialist would love to speak with you and see what can be done to ease your discomfort. The fact that you’ve already tried a few things is actually good news because it means you’re one step closer to finding something that does work.
If you’d want some valuable information provided to you over the phone, click the link below to schedule a call with us. There is no cost to engaging in a phone conversation with us and there is no need for you to make any appointments with us after the call has concluded. Our objective is to assist you in making the best decision possible.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Back Pain Quickly?”...
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help: – People often think that their back pain will eventually go away if they wait long enough, but six months later, they’re still in the same amount of pain.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises: – A physiotherapist can help lessen your back pain and get you moving again by providing the right set of exercises that are appropriate for your current level of pain. Additionally, these exercises will also prevent the problem from recurring in the future.
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest: – Have you ever tried to get up from the sofa after resting for a while, but your back is in so much pain and stiff that you can’t? That’s because resting or sitting for lengthy periods of time is one of the most harmful things you can do that exacerbates back discomfort. Resting or sitting for lengthy periods of time causes your back to become rigid and tight. It would be wonderful if you were given suitable strengthening exercises for better posture as well as hands-on therapy to help you get active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy: – If you suffer from low-back pain and it’s impacting your life in negative ways, physical therapy can help get you back on track. Physical therapy is a proven method of helping people with low-back pain, and at Advanced Physical Therapy and Fitness, we see this type of injury frequently. If your back pain is preventing you from working or being active, if it limits your independence or stops you from enjoying time with loved ones, then physical therapy can assist you in living the life that you deserve — as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how Advanced Physical Therapy and Fitness can help you live with less back pain – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at our clinic:
Note: This Free Total Body Diagnostic session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a Free Total Body Diagnostic session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
So The Next Question Is:
"How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Advanced Physical Therapy & Fitness Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain - In The Next Few Days?"
Essentially, we can assist you in recovering from chronic back pain. If you want to know how much it’ll cost and whether we have availability at our clinic in Greeley, CO, simply click the button below and fill out the brief form:
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Advanced Physical Therapy & Fitness In Greeley...
30+ 5-Star Reviews!
- David B.
“I have been under Dr Thomas Cleveland’s care for over two years. I have suffered for over 20 years with chronic back pain and neck discomfort. Tom is highly trained and has compassion for his patient. I enjoy mobility and able to enjoy the life style I live because of his doctoring. I highly recommend you contact him and trust him to work on your body.”
- Cindi F.
“I sought out PT because my hands had been going numb for over a year. I was seriously considering a career change as I have been a massage therapist for 16 years. After 2 appointments of dry needling by Tom, I went over 2 weeks without my hands falling asleep while working. Thank you Advanced Physical Therapy!!”
- Ethan B.
“Dr. Cleveland does an incredible job and is very knowledgeable and skilled in many different types of physical therapy. He’s way better than other PT’s because he works with you the whole time on your specific need and doesn’t just leave you to do exercises by yourself while you’re there. I’ve always felt better after an appointment with Dr. Cleveland. Your time and money will be well spent!”