DPT, CMPT, SMT
Owner and Founder of Advanced PT and Fitness
It’s unfortunately easy to write off Hip/Knee/Ankle pain as being unimportant, or something that will eventually go away. People often try to rationalize the discomfort by attributing it to sleeping in an awkward position, a ‘spasm’, or something they assume everyone goes through at some point…
There’s no obvious reason why it happened – but it doesn’t seem to be changing!
If this is happening to you, you are not alone, and we hear this sort of thing all the time. Hip/Knee/Ankle pain are very common issues we encounter in our practice! Everyone we see wants to know…
“Why Is This Happening To Me?” Or, “Why Am I Still Suffering With Hip/Knee/Ankle Pain After Putting Up With It For 3-6 Months? (Sometimes More!)
Does That Sound Like You?
Another frequent situation we see in our clinic is when patients go to the doctor, who tells them to rest and “take these painkillers” and “see how you get on.”
However, more often than not, this is terrible advice that rarely works. In fact, 4 weeks later, these patients usually find themselves back at the doctor’s office because their symptoms have only worsened. To make matters worse, they’re typically given an even stronger prescription and told to get MORE rest. This vicious cycle is unnecessary and explains why so many people in the U.S. are suffering from chronic lower Hip/Knee/Ankle pain day in and day out.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Why does “Hip/Knee/Ankle” pain tend to last longer than it should? Because you’ve been told a variety of things by many various people, it’s easy to get perplexed. There are lots of individuals that will happily offer advise – but the majority of it isn’t worth much.
While you may believe your Hip/Knee/Ankle injury was due to a recent event, such as lifting something heavy or sleeping in an awkward position, it was actually caused by years of poor posture and movement. This weakens the muscles in your lower back, hip, and pelvis until even light exertion or changes in position can cause intense pain in the lower extremity.
It’s no secret that Hip/Knee/Ankle problems can last much longer than they should, and it often confuses people when they’re told different things by a variety of sources. Whether it’s because you don’t know what you’re doing or because you’ve been given incorrect information, many accept this confusion as part of life. It seems normal to them, with no end in sight. Credible advice is out there, but sifting through everything to find the truth can be tedious.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Hip/Knee/Ankle pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help long term, and as soon as they wore off Hip/Knee/Ankle pain struck again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Hip/Knee/Ankle pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your Hip/Knee/Ankle pain ten times worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Hip/Knee/Ankle pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term
If any of these have happened to you, we’d be delighted to assist you by offering a phone consultation with our lower extremity expert to learn what may help you.
If you’d like some professional advice on the phone, please click the link below to schedule a conversation with us. There is no cost to contact us and there is no obligation to make any appointments with us following the conversation. Our objective is to assist you in making an informed decision about what to do next.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Hip/Knee/Ankle Pain Quickly?”...
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help: – So many people put off for far too long, thinking that their Hip/Knee/Ankle discomfort will “just go away with time,” but then 6 months later they’re still suffering through it and nothing has improved…or it gets much worse.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises: – One of the greatest things to assist you overcome your Hip/Knee/Ankle pain is to complete the appropriate series of advanced exercises, which a Physiotherapist will provide. It’s also important that you don’t allow problems to return (or exacerbate your pain even more, like some routines).
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest: – Do you ever try to get up from the sofa after resting for a while and find that your leg is in terrible pain and tight? That’s because one of the worst things you can do to your hip, knee, or ankle is rest or sit for prolonged periods of time. If you take too much rest, sitting in uncomfortable postures will make your leg and back stiff and tight. It would be really beneficial if you were given specific strengthening exercises to improve posture as well as hands-on treatment to help you get active and healthy as soon as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy: – If you’re dealing with a Hip/Knee/Ankle issue, then physical therapy can help. At Advanced Physical Therapy and Fitness, it’s one of our most common areas of practice. If your Hip/Knee/Ankle pain is impacting negatively on different aspects of your life – such as work or time spent with loved ones – then we may be able to assist you in regaining the quality of life that you deserve.
If you want to learn more about how Advanced Physical Therapy and Fitness can assist you in living with less hip, knee, or ankle pain – we invite you to schedule a completely free, no-obligation, risk-free appointment.
Note: This Free Total Body Diagnostic session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a Free Total Body Diagnostic session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
So The Next Question Is:
"How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Advanced Physical Therapy & Fitness Help You Get Rid of Your Hip/Knee/Anklek pain - In The Next Few Days?"
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic Hip/Knee/Ankle pain.
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our physical therapy clinic in Greeley, CO, then just click the button below and complete the short form:
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Advanced Physical Therapy & Fitness In Greeley...
30+ 5-Star Reviews!
- Ardis S.
“I have found Tom to be very professional and he has really helped me with a number of challenges. What I like best is that he not only treats the problem but the source of the problem–he understand how our bodies are put together and how one area effects another. I appreciate that. I highly recommend him to anyone.”
- Jenna F.
“I am an ultra-runner and typically have multiple issues going on at once, and Thomas is always helpful. I was able to run a 50 mile race with an injury with his help. I consider his services to be an essential part of my training.”
- Kathryn C.
“Tom always takes the time to listen and then thoroughly explains his treatment plan for you. His genuine caring and compassion is what makes him such a great PT. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a PT, whether for short or long term issues.”